Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More terrain for our gaming club

My terrain painting franzy continues, apparently, and I've finished more stuff that have been waiting for paint for quite a while - some of these kits have been sitting on their boxes for years (!).

First, there is the Modular Gaming Hill, from GW. Our club just acquired 2 kits, and these are amazing terrain pieces, that work well standing alone on a corner of the table...

SAM_4381

SAM_4384


... Combined in two...

SAM_4386

SAM_4387


... Or combined in four!

SAM_4389

Perfect to create area terrain on corners of the table or on the middle of it. Very adaptable, and fit for any system, on any scale.

SAM_4393

Next, a couple monuments - an Imperial Hero from the Honored Imperium set and a wizard from some Lord of The Rings terrain set, perhaps - and a defence barrier, custom made by a member of the club (I just gave it a base and painted it).

SAM_4395

SAM_4397

SAM_4398

SAM_4401

We also have a medieval watch tower, also created by a member of our group, a custom built stone defence barrier and a couple more pieces - old tires and something that looks like a fuel reservoir.

SAM_4402

SAM_4404

SAM_4407

SAM_4411

SAM_4413

SAM_4415

Finnaly, we have a couple Citadel Woods, which are some of the terrain pieces I'm most found of. Those are really beautiful kits, and I wanted them to have a late autumn look, as this seem to fit their design quite well. I may add some static grass to their base to complete their look.

SAM_4419

SAM_4420

SAM_4421

SAM_4424

SAM_4425

SAM_4430

SAM_4433

There is much stuff still on the works, and also some things of my own, as a Space Marine Fleet from Battlefleet Gothic, and they will be showing up here soon.

I'd like to take a moment to mention an amazing kit I found on Ebay, recently. It's the Mega Hive One Modular Wargaming set.

$(KGrHqRHJFEFDMhP-u4DBQ5,I6Vg!Q~~60_57

Here is the link:

This kit has remarkable detail, comes at a very good price, and they are modular, which means you can join many parts together and create any structure you can think of. Really, the limit is your imagination. I purchased 10 kits and am building a Imperial Fortress with them.

I'm so excited with how it is coming out, that I decided to buy more kits and further expand my fortress, making it trully epic and "40kish".

I'll post pictures of my WIP on the next days.

*End of Transmission*

1 comment:

  1. Very nice; the Citadel trees definitely bring to mind the White Tree of Gondor, or the Wildwood of House Stark in "A Game of Thrones".

    ReplyDelete