Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Austrian Grenzers

Here are my Austrian Grenzers, from Hat Industries. I chose to base them mostly as a formed unit, instead of skirmishers, since that is what I'm gonna need the most.

SAM_9178

SAM_9183

SAM_9184

SAM_9186

SAM_9180

SAM_9182

SAM_9190

March Column:

SAM_9191

SAM_9192

SAM_9193

I also used the last kit of grenzers I had to come up with a couple more bases for both my regiments of Hungarians. Now they are both large units in Black Powder, which better represents the fact that hungarian batallions were considerably larger than their german counterparts.

SAM_9197

SAM_9195

SAM_9196

I still need to finish one unit of infantry and another of cavalry for the austrians, and then I'll call it a complete army! 

Meanwhile, I'm also working on some auxilia for my imperial romans, which is the other army I also plan on completing by the end of this year.

9 comments:

  1. Most impressive and beautiful job as always, the mass effect is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil! I hope to have them on the table soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see that you did some Grenz, and a fantastic job it was! I see you resisted the red cloaks.

    At 17 regiments, the Grenzer forrned a very significant portion of the Hapsburg military strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, check the hungarian officers. I repainted their coats white, following your instructions!

      Delete
  3. Excellent job. What is your infantry base size? You use for Black Powder right? Look like differrent to me. We use 20 figures per battalion and 3x3 cm based for 4 figure in here. (1/72 scale)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I playe Black Powder. I use 8 models per base, with a base being 5cm x 4cm.

      Delete