Monday, December 28, 2015

More Austrian Line Infantry

This is the tenth unit of line infantry I paint for the austrian army, and with that I call my infantrty complete, at least for the time being. Now, I'll be back to painting reinforcements for the french and the british.

These models are from Hat Industries Austrian Line Infantry kit, and they wear shakos, instead of the helmets of my 3 other units of line infantry. I think the helmets look cooler, but it's nice to have some variety in the visual of the army, particularly considering that the adoption of shakos wasn't automatic, and many regiments were still wearing the iconic austrian helmet years after shakos were first issued to the army.

Here's the unit in line formation, with it's screen of skirmishers:

SAM_9508

SAM_9510

SAM_9518

SAM_9514



SAM_9513

SAM_9519

Square formation:

SAM_9526

SAM_9525

SAM_9528

March Column formation:

SAM_9530

SAM_9531

2 comments: